I know how you are feeling, we’ve all been there. Perhaps in lieu of the Big Game you had a bit too much to drink or ate some crappy food that was “oh so good” in the moment, or maybe it’s a combo of both. Either way, it’s Monday morning, which is hard enough as is let alone after a late evening full of indulgences. Have no fear, I got your back. Here’s 5 recovery tips to get you feeling back to your old self in no time.
- Drink a LOT of water. Add lemon to your water, it’s a great natural detoxifier and the extra water will help remove the bloat from excess sodium in alcohol, chips and dips.
- Have a high protein breakfast. Think a serving of greek yogurt with some berries or 2 eggs and a whole wheat or sprouted toast.
- Drink a detox tea. I LOVE Yogi’s detox tea variations. Every time I’ve had a bit too much and I drink it I feel 100x better afterwards. Plus the added fluid helps flush out even more toxins.
- Eat you veggies. However you like them whether it’s raw, steamed, or sauteed. While loading up on veggies won’t counteract what you had last night it will help fill you up and get you back on the right track for the week.
- Go to bed early. I cannot stress enough the importance of getting enough sleep (think 7-9 hrs). When we sleep our body recovers itself, repairs hormones, and recharges your body and mind.
While these 5 tips seem simple they really are effective. I encourage you to try them out the next time you’ve had a rough night whether that was last night or sometime in the future.
Would love to hear what other recovery tips have you tried? Which work the best? Comment below.