Don’t know what it is lately but I’ve been obsessed with making various bake apple dishes! Super simple to make and comforting to eat (or just smell!). Here is a recipe that I’ve made most frequently combing apples and pears for extra toasty goodness. Enjoy!
Photo from Flickr by aenigmatēs
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup multi grain oatmeal
1 tsp raisin
1/8 tsp lemon juice
Spray butter or 1tsp light butter
- Preheat oven to 3570 degrees
- Peel and dice apples and pears into chunks
- Coat ramkin or small glass baking dish with a non stick spray
- Spread apples and pears out on dish and add lemon juice on top.
- Stir into mixture butter, raisins, and oatmeal
- Pop in oven for 40 minutes stirring ever so often.
- Let cool few minutes and enjoy!
Optional: add a light or fat-free whip cream or if using ramkin you can lace the top with puff pastry when baking for a healthy apple/pear pie!
Have any recipes your obsessed with? Think you’ve found any great hacks to lighten up a comfort food? Share it with us!