We all know exercising regularly and eating well are the best tools in preventing illness. We have also had the days when we just don’t want to work out and those days when we can’t stand to eat another salad. I’ve collected a few ideas that should help you on those “off” days; they work for me!
- Did you know that Laughing out loud reduces cortisol levels and improves your bone density?? Finding more reasons to laugh seems doable.
- The word ‘gymnasium’ comes from the Greek word “gymnazein”, which literally means “to exercise naked.” Sounds fun to me.
- A study done by American Journal Of Clinical Nutrition states that eating a bowl of ice cream two hours after a workout triggers your insulin, which is a hormone that is essential in the muscle building process. Helping my muscles, one scoop at a time…
- An Italian research team found out in 2003 that people who ate pizza on the regular were far less likely to develop esophageal, colon and mouth cancer. Check and check.
- Interval workouts produce post-workout calorie burn, and increase mitochondria growth (mitochondria help to burn fat). So, even while you enjoy your post-interval-workout sit on your couch, you’re burning calories.
My takeaway here is: interval training then pizza, ice cream and laughter. Who’s with me??
Contributing Writer, HoneyCrunched Kate Milde